College and University Campus Visits
Scheduling campus visits at colleges and universities you are interested in is an important step when determining what school is a good fit for you, both socially and academically. It is best to visit when classes are in session and to make the most of each visit by arriving with a prepared list of questions in hand. [Suggested list of questions - print this list and take with you on your campus visit]
Additional tips to rock your college visits:
- Take a campus tour, check out different housing options and tour areas surrounding campus.
- Schedule a visit with the financial aid office to discuss costs and financing options.
Sit in on a class on a subject that interest you.
- Talk to a professor in y our field of study or major.
- Ask current students about campus life and what they do on the weekends.
Read the campus newspaper.
- Visit with advisors and members of activites and clubs that interest you.
- Document each visit, including any feelings you have during the visit, to help you find the right fit.
To be reimbursed for mileage, the College/University Visit Travel Form and the State of Iowa Travel Payment Form must be completed. Mileage reimbursement @ $.555/mile (Federal Mileage Reimbursement Rate as of April 17, 2012)