2013 Quantum Learning for Students
Quantum Learning for Students is based on more than 30 years experience and research with more than 8 million students and 55,000 educators across the U.S. Leadership Camps are a place of non-stop work and play, learning and growing, academic strategies, and fun challenges. Led by fun, dynamic Quantum Learning facilitators, your days will be filled with hours of intense discovery and inspiration. This program will provide a strong foundation for future scholastic work and life experience, empowering students to become lifelong learners.
As a result of this program, students will:
- Develop leadership and team-building potential.
- Build a basic foundation for personal effectiveness through the 8 Keys of Excellence.
- Gain renewed confidence and inspiration, emerging from a sense of teamwork.
- Master interpersonal communication strategies.
- Learn creative thinking, problem-solving, and goal-setting skills.
- Gain a sense of trust in others and a true feeling of accomplishment.
- Learn powerful memorization, note-taking and mind mapping skills.
- Enhance their ability to learn, retain, and recall information with inspiring strategies that enable students to take ownership of their education.
- Learn empowering strategies to become valued peers and family members, and successful citizens of the global community.
View the 2013 Quantum Learning Summer Camp Flyer to learn more about the program.
Complete and return the 2013 Quantum Learning Summer Camp application by May 3, 2013.
2012 Quantum Learning SuperCamp
Quantum Learning SuperCamp (QLS) is an accelerated program based on concepts that make learning fun and easy, along with positive peer support and carefully orchestrated environmental factors. It is one of the most comprehensive summer camp programs for helping students, including teens, pre-teens and college-age students, by providing lasting skills in such diverse areas as reading comprehension, study skills, writing skills, critical thinking and life skills, to name a few. Because Quantum Learning SuperCamp is a comprehensive summer program, students leave the camp with a renew sense of purpose and achievement.
Quantum Learning Network is a recognized leader in the areas of youth and teen academic summer enrichment, learning and life skills, teacher training, and creating effective learning environments. Founded in 1982, Quantum Learning Network focuses on excellence - embodying the principles of excellence and imparting these principles and powerful learning and life skills to others.
Quantum Learning SuperCamp programs are held on prestigious college campuses throughout the U.S. with students paying as much as $2,500 to $3,000 in tuition to attend the 10 day program. But because of a great partnership between GEAR UP Iowa and Quantum Learning Network, SuperCamp has been offered to GEAR UP Iowa students for the second year in a row. The first SuperCamp was held in 2011 at Drake University Campus with over 30 GEAR UP Iowa students in attendance. This year, 2012, SuperCamp was held at the University of Iowa Campuses in Iowa City from June 10th through June 15th with around 80 GEAR UP Iowa students attending. Students were able to build strong bonds and lasting friendships in addition to all the learning and life skills they’ve acquired during the SuperCamp. Many of the students have expressed their desire to attend next year SuperCamp because QLS works.
Around 80 GEAR UP Iowa students from across the state attended Quantum Learning for Students